Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome

After a couple of false starts, I've decided to start blogging in earnest. In the coming days and weeks, I will be writing about my travels around China the past few months, the Olympics, what I am up to now, and my views on China and the world at large. Please comment, criticize, and let me know what you think.

To fill you guys in: Right now, I am living in an apartment in Shanghai's Jingan district with my older brother. After waiting for too long for a sweet job or internship to fall into my lap, I've started tutoring English here in Shanghai part-time, and am still trying to decide what to do long term. Though English teaching isn't particularly to my liking, it is a good way to keep busy and earn some much needed cash.

In about a month, I will probably start working for an SAT prep center in Hangzhou, helping to develop a book for Chinese students, and possibly necessitating a move down there. More on that later, as the details become clearer.

No comments: