Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year's Resolution

Amongst others (better Chinese student, working out, saving $, etc.), my resolution is to write more (outside of work), and a return after a little hiatus to blogging is included. So... I start 2009 off with a short one.

Apparently, China has relaxed formerly strict laws regarding private panda ownership, and one can now buy genetically cloned, mass-produced panda bears at their local pet stores. Coming soon to a Petsmart near you.

These 山寨 (literally translated: mountain bandit, or my translation: fake-as-hell) panda bears are, believe it or not, just little white puppy dogs that have been artfully dyed to pass for pandas. I really wish a friend had a dog like this so I could steal it for a short time, then return it to them "pandafied".


Note: I wish this was my find, but I am just taking all of this from another website where I saw it, so here's the link, and thanks, to the folks at Chinesesession.com.

1 comment:

jp1016/Janet Potter said...

I find this very funny, even more so that I really thought there were cloned pandas! So disappointed to discover they are really dogs. Reggie can sleep well tonight, he's a poor candidate to be pandafide!